Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis is a technique used to estimate body composition. A weak electric current is passed through the body, and the speed at which the current flows through the body determines the amount of fat, water and muscle content.
Advanced body composition analysers like the MA601 use BIA to provide a full breakdown of body composition. Traditional BIA body composition scales will use one frequency; the MA601 uses three.
For example, low frequencies have difficulty overcoming and passing through cell membranes, so are well suited for measuring extracellular water. High frequencies can pass through cell membrane walls, so they can provide intracellular readings.
- Measures Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Total Body Water (TBW), Fat Free Mass (FFM), Fat Mass (FM), Body Fat %, Muscle Mass (MM), Protein Mass (PM), Extracellular Water (ECW), Intracellular Water (ICW), Skeletal Muscle (SM), Metabolic Age (AGEM), Visceral Fat Level, Body Balance Evaluation, Obesity Analysis, Body Type Analysis, Muscle Quality, Weight, and BMI
- Overall Health Score also provided
- All readings provided on screen or can be printed out (printer included
- 15 impedance measurements: 3 frequencies (5kHz, 50kHz, 250kHz) for 5 segments (Right Arm, Left Arm, Trunk, Right Leg, Left Leg)
- Readings provided as graphics
- Internal for storing 50,000 readings
- Multiple user profiles available
- Three frequencies
- Scan duration: Less than 45 seconds
- Suitable for gyms and sports clubs